Friday, February 4, 2011

who needs funny papers

Just a few gems from the kids:

Ava:  Mom -- did you know that those flowers we have out in the grass are actually "Tricera-plants?" and they eat the bugs in the backyard?  They suck them in down their tube.  They come in all different colors, but ours are purple.
Amy: Oh really?  Where did you learn about this?
Ava:  (pause) "Dinosaur Train."  (I don't think so :)
Apparently she told her dad this several times as well!  She was really excited about it.


Driving in the car... Nathan and Ava are talking about their shared birthday which is only 2 months away!  (By the way, Ava wants to go to the Eiffel Tower for her birthday  I told her I did too!)
Ava:  Dad, how old are YOU going to be on our birthday?
Before Nathan could answer, she answered herself: Oh yeah, 34.
Rock from the backseat: "I CANNOT BE-LEEEEE  IT!" (I cannot believe it-- as said by Quincy from Little Einsteins)
Perfect comic timing.



While I change the baby's diaper, Ava is cooing at India:
Ava: "oooh, little girl, you are soooo sweet, little sweetheart, yes you are little sweetheart!..."
From the other room Rock yells: "NO!!! CUPCAKE!" 
Ava continues: "Ooooh Sweetheart!"
Rock: "NO!!! CUPCAKE!"
Apparently, to Rock not all nick-names are created equal.

So, many of you may know that we live in a suburb of Houston called Humble.  What many of you may not know is that it is pronouced with a SILENT "H":  Umble.  I live in "hUmble", Texas.
No one is really sure how that came to be and I think many people would like to take a vote and put the "H" sound back in so as to not be so entirely "hill-billy" sounding.  Or maybe it is a french pronunciation? Doubt it. Anyway, Elle is reading her scripture during family scripture study last night and she says:  "And if you will but Umble yourselves...."  Never mind that she can read the words "destruction" and "Abomination" and "resurrection" perfectly.  Thank you hUmble school district for her education.

And one last funny:
We are eating dinner.  I made a pretty good taco soup and we were talking about it.  Nathan said he added a few drops of tabasco sauce and it was even better.  The girls know that Nathan likes hot sauce so they started brainstorming about how he should buy jars of jalapenos and hot sauce.  And then I said maybe he should go into business and open up his own "Hot Shop" with a selection of hot sauces. 
Then Ava said:  "Yeah.  And then not open it."
It took me a second but then I couldn't stop laughing at her logic.  If he opened the store he couldn't keep it all to himself.  So don't open it.  Maybe it's just funny to me. 

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha SO great! Just when I think your kids can't get any cuter . . . :) Thanks for sharing lots of 'lol' moments for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so smart! I'm glad to know that your kids watch those same shows. Zane tells me things all the time like that and I knew exactly who rock was quoting from little einsteins! Gotta love that show though. Zane knows all his instruments AND recognizes classical songs when we hear them :)

    ReplyDelete