Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Something New...

We went early in the day to the birth center,
 but then my labor came to an abrupt halt...
 so there was a lot of waiting!

Tired of waiting for mom to have this baby!

Rock wanted in to the tub!  It was big enough for the whole family!

But at last...
Here she is!  Her first big breath of life!

A picture says it all.

Miss Bright Eyes.  She looked all around for a long time.

Teresa (Nathan's mom) was here too -- she took this picture...
After waiting all day with us and being a great birth assistant,
she helped us by taking the restless Ava and Rock to get some ice cream. 
 They missed the birth by just a few minutes! 

INDIA

India's foot print on the wall of fame...

Polly and Janet -- the beautiful "baby catchers".  They love their job -- and they made this a beautiful experience.

Rock calls her "Tiny" -- he is very soft with her.




She is getting lots of love!


Welcome -- little girl.


7 comments:

  1. oh, my! she is so beautiful...congratulations. and her name is beautiful and so appropriate. i love you and am so proud of you and happy for you and your gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. little India is perfect! You are amazing Amy. What a cute little family you guys have! Can't wait to meet her someday soon I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how precious! I feel so relieved that your pregnancy is over. :) I love her name, and she is so sweet. I love the picture of you and her just after birth with her sweet little hand close to your face. Lucky - I want to try a water birth! Welcome to India, and congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are AMAZING!!! And India is perfection...a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. In a perfect world I'd be buying a ticket to come and see you asap. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable Amy. I didn't even know you were pregnant. I would have been checking your blog if I had known that you were updating, but I guess my blog sidebar doesn't pick up your updates. I'll be checking it now that I know! I'm having fun reading it now and catching up. She's an adorable little girl and the birth sounds lovely. Was it far to the birthing center this time? The nearest one around here is 45 minutes away. Would you say it's worth the drive to have a water birth? Your girls are looking so beautiful and Rock has sure grown! It's so great to see you all again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your kids are so cute! I hope I get to meet little India in person soon. You look gorgeous too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realized your blog wasn't even on my side menu! I know it used to be on there!! No wonder I didn't see your updates. I fixed it and I should be able to know when you post now! I love that picture of Ava with the baby, by the way, she looks like she could be on a magazine cover.

    ReplyDelete