Friday, September 17, 2010

Rock and the 2 "V's"


2 things Rock is not easy going about:

1.  The Vacuum.  It is his pet.  I am not allowed to have a turn.  If I get it out, and he sees it -- he will not let me turn it off, nor will he allow me to use it the way I need to.  He is pretty helpful and vaccuums for a little while, then he will just sit by it lovingly with it roaring next to him.  When I finally put it away (in my mind I can just see our electric meter dial spinning wildly!), he cries and cries! 


2.  The Violin.  If it is time for Elle to play the violin, he comes in a hurry proclaiming with all the energy of body and voice: "my turn! my turn!"  He points under his chin for where I need to put it.  I usually let him try it.  I help him hold it and he actually makes a decent sound!  I get tired of it long before he does.  In fact I have never been able to stand there and hold it long enough... he still wants to play when I am ready to put it away.  The other day, I was busy with Elle and didn't get to him.  He took matters into his own hands.  After we put the violin away, I heard it again somewhere in the house -- I followed the sound and found him on the couch playing it.  Vivaldi in the making?

3 comments:

  1. love this boy and his curls.

    and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO cute! He is just so very adorable. It's kind of outrageous isn't it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just can't even describe the joy this brought me! So cute, and funny, and...I just don't know. Love that child. I was just thinking yesterday how much I miss that boy! I'm so jealous Mom gets to come see you without me! :(

    ReplyDelete