Friday, January 30, 2009

The "Practical" Fairy Godmother


Here is the conversation I overheard yesterday:

Cinderella (Ava): "Look, Fairy Godmother -- I need a new dress!" (sob)
Fairy Godmother (Elle): "Oh, no you don't! I can fix it up... I'll just fix the sleeve."
Cinderella: "And I need some glass slippers!"
Fairy Godmother: "Yes, yes... well, here are your Sunday shoes... and tell the prince we have room for him in the carriage so he can just come back with you. Then he won't have to look for you."

Well, finally! -- a Fairy Godmother who is a problem solver! I always wondered why the magic had to disappear at midnight! Just mend your best dress, wear your Sunday shoes, and don't forget to have room in the carriage so the Prince can come back with you! Save all that hassle with the one shoe clue.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! She makes me chuckle. What a cutie! But then, all three of them are . . . I've meant to comment about Rockwell. What yummy cheeks he has! Reminds me of Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. It makes me miss them :-( Little baby Rockwell is so adorable! I want to kiss his little "cute-em face"! The kids got their valentines today. They all loved them. Jessalyn was especially happy that Elle thought of her and Dallin just kept staring at his valentine with a happy look on his face. I asked him, "Do you remember your friend Ava?" and he just smiled and nodded (we also recently got your newsletter so they had fun seeing all the places you got to go and Dallin kept pointing at Ava and saying, "that's my friend!". You are so good at sending mail! That's something I really want to get good at. I miss you more than you know!

    ReplyDelete